He is already in charge of operations in Ireland, as well as Scotland.
Mowi Faroes was guided to produce 9,000 tonnes gutted weight of salmon this year, while a further 6,000 tonnes was expected from Ireland. The company employs around 75 people in the Faroes.
Meanwhile, Mowi Chile managing director Fernando Villarroel begins work as chief operating officer farming Americas, which will add oversight of operations in both east and west Canada to his management portfolio.
“I am very pleased that Fernando has accepted this challenge. He is a very experienced farmer with 20 years’ experience from various key positions in the salmon industry. Fernando and his team have delivered stellar biological figures in Mowi Chile after he took the reins in 2017,” said Mowi chief executive Ivan Vindheim.
The changes follow Mowi’s stock market announcement on June 30 that Per-Roar Gjerde had resigned as chief operating officer farming Americas and the Faroes but was remaining in his post until new arrangements were made.
Mowi’s group management team comprises:
- CEO: Ivan Vindheim
- CFO: Kristian Ellingsen
- COO Farming Norway: Øyvind Oaland
- COO Farming Scotland, Ireland and the Faroes: Ben Hadfield
- COO Farming Americas: Fernando Villarroel
- COO Sales & Marketing: Ola Brattvoll
- COO Feed: Atle Kvist
- Chief Technology Officer and Chief Sustainability Officer: Catarina Martins
- Chief HR Officer: Anne Lorgen Riise