There were red carpets, a brass band, a classical singer and plenty of food and drink available for a large number of invited guests at the ceremony on the quayside at the Bryggen Unesco World Heritage site in Bergen.
The wellboat was designed by Salt Ship Design in Stord and built by Spanish shipyard Astilleros de Murueta. The vessel has a well capacity of more than 5,000m³ and power is provided by five Yanmar 1,370Kw generators.
The vessel is named after Alsaker Fjordbruk owner Gerhard Alsaker’s ancestor, who is described as both a pirate and an admiral.
- Name: Kristoffer Tronds
- Shipyard: Astilleros de Murueta
- Building number: 320
- Design: Salt Ship Design
- Length: 90.7 metres
- Width: 18.6 metres
- Tonnage: 5919
- IMO number: 9862011
- Shipping company: Alsaker Fjordbruk
- Engine: Yanmar 6EY22ALWS 5x 1,370 Kw
- Electric motor: NES NEM J500 LB6
- Gear: 2G42-60 from Finnøy Gear & Propeller
- Propeller: P78.30.300.4D-HS from Finnøy Gear & Propeller