Marine Harvest is the world's leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day, our 12 700 employees in 24 countries produce 6.2 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe. Marine Harvest covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Marine Harvest is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Rosyth Marine Harvest Consumer Products is a fast-paced, quality, exciting organisation with a genuinely unique offering in the UK – and we currently have exciting opportunities for the right individuals to join our engineering team.
Marine Harvest continues to make a considerable investment in our UK processing facility in Rosyth (near Edinburgh) and as a new site with plans to develop and grow, we are seeking enthusiastic people with a “can do” attitude to help embed a high performance culture and develop their career along with our business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing the best possible support to engineering customers in production. The primary purpose of the role is to provide initial responses to emergent equipment breakdowns and system defects or issues within the production areas.
Key responsibilities include:
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
• Responding to breakdowns and system defects, ensuring safety is always prioritised
• Identifying performance issues, carrying out diagnostics, servicing and maintaining equipment, machinery and systems
• Monitoring and assessing all of external contract workers working on repairs
• Compiling end of shift reports, time usage reports and defect reports
• Identifying and recommending improvements to machine reliability and efficiency
• Maintaining company regulation, safety, hygiene and quality procedures
• Contribute towards departmental continuous improvement through observation, process development and practical assistance
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
• That you are truly multi skilled – both mechanical and electrically-qualified
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A positive attitude with drive, resilience and willingness to learn as well as adapt
• Strong influencing skills
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Team orientated
Experience / Qualifications in the following will also be an advantage:
• Minimum SVQ/NVQ level 3 qualified in relevant engineering discipline
• Fault finding knowledge
• FMCG experienceTo apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK, and able to travel to our site in Rosyth for work each day. This role will require working on a shift basis which includes weekend working, so your own transport