Marine Harvest is the world's leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day, our 13 233 employees in 24 countries produce 6.2 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe. Marine Harvest covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Marine Harvest is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Marine Harvest Fish Feed (MHFF) is one of the newest divisions within Marine Harvest. Having started manufacturing in June 2014, MHFF has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Marine Harvest Farming Operations in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and profitable salmon.
In February 2017, permission to open a second fish feed plant on the Isle of Skye in Scotland was granted. The plant will manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, Faeroes and in Norway.
We are seeking personnel to join the supply chain team. They will be responsible for leading the Logistics Technicians and Operators on site and working with the Supply Chain Planners to organise a variety of operational tasks to maintain efficiency throughout the supply chain. We are recruiting in two key phases in 2018 with start dates in August and October.
- Lead a team of colleagues to ensure all Raw Materials and Finished Products are handled, stored and processed correctly, accurately and safely.
- Maintain stock control throughout the factory with detailed reporting of volumes moved, consumed and loaded.
- Monitor and assess efficiency of all processes throughout Supply Chain, introduce improvements and push for development where necessary.
- Ensure all operational tasks run smoothly to provide continuous production and timely delivery of Finished Products.
- Focus on efficiency and cost control to drive continuous improvement and provide the most effective supply chain from end to end.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. A good level of numerical skill is required to interpret data for analysis. The successful candidate should be an experienced IT user and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite. Documents will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK and security checks may be carried out.
In return, we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, Occupation Health Support and an extensive training programme. We welcome enquiries from everyone including previous applicants and value diversity in our workforce. However, living locally would be advantageous.
We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer.