Global RAS Technical Manager
Benchmark Genetics is a global leader in aquaculture breeding and genetics, and our mission is to drive sustainability in aquaculture. We do this by improving yield, quality, health and welfare.
We are a significant provider of high performing stocks of Atlantic salmon, marine shrimp (L. vannamei), and Nile tilapia. Our extensive experience in applied breeding programs includes 18 species across all major aquaculture producing countries. The company is also highly recognized for supplying advanced technical genetic and support services to applied breeding programs operated by third parties.
Our subsidiaries include Benchmark Genetics Norway (formerly SalmoBreed and Akvaforsk Genetics Center), StofnFiskur HF Iceland, Benchmark Genetics Chile, Benchmark Genetics Colombia, and Benchmark Genetics USA.
Benchmark Genetics is part of Benchmark plc, a leading aquaculture biotechnology company. Benchmark develops products and solutions in genetics, health and advanced nutrition to enable food producers to improve their sustainability and profitability.
Building upon the success and growth that has been part of the overall commercial strategy that Benchmark Genetics has adopted, the business is recruiting for a RAS Global Technical Manager.
The role, which is newly created, is based in Iceland, will be the significant technical lead position for Genetics in the fast-emerging land-based aquaculture fish farming, with a clear specific focus and expertise in RAS systems on a global basis.
- Support all our land-based customers
- Be a discussion partner for our global RAS-customers
- Work closely with RAS-customers to ensure optimal performance of our genetic products
- Build RAS-competence within the commercial division
- Take part in our technical support program in Iceland and Faroe Islands
- Potentially some commercial responsibility on selected customers
Qualifications and experience
- University degree education or equivalent industry experience
- Significant technical experience from working in the salmon industry
- Technically strong within the RAS technology
- Good biological understanding
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and one Nordic language (preferable)
- Good communicator
- Commercial mindset
- Forensic on detail
Salary: Salary depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full-time position
Location: Hafnarfjordur, Iceland, but we may consider other locations under specific circumstances.
Reports to: Commercial Director Benchmark Genetics
Application deadline: November 30, 2020
Application deadline: 30.11.2020
Location: Hafnarfjordur, Iceland