FINANCE DIRECTOR, ANIMAL HEALTH
Working closely with the Head of Animal Health to grow the business from a R&D base to a commercial global animal health company. This will include identifying and executing on investment opportunities to grow the business organically and potentially through acquisition plus developing strategy (including 3 year strategic plans) and financial structure. Responsible for all matters of financial compliance across the Animal Health Division (AHD).
Supporting the interface between the division and cross group functions, in particular R&D as the division accounts for c. two thirds of the Group’s spend.
- Working with the commercial team to help identify and support commercial opportunities, including investment plans to support innovative opportunities as well as driving market control by first mover positioning and establishing a dominant sustained position
- Assisting with management of the close working relationship required between the product development team and the commercial and operational teams to ensure that the required infrastructure is in place to deliver the expected significant organic growth from new product launches – modelling of financial and capital requirements;
- Financial project management of the R&D pipeline;
- Managing the delivery of synergies both intra and inter division.
- Ensuring compliance with foreign countries’ customs, VAT and employment tax requirements.
- Ensuring transfer pricing is compliant with Group policy.
- Delivering timely and accurate reporting in line with Division and Group reporting requirements, analysing divisional monthly performance to budget and forecast and evaluating variance impact.
- Supporting and coaching the individual company finance teams.
- Ensuring that all administrative processes adhere to the financial control standards.
- Ensuring customer and product profitability is clearly identified and actively reported.
- Cash management within the AHD division, ensuring that sufficient resources are provided to all of the division’s companies in the most efficient manner.
- Annual budget preparation and reporting.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are in line with Group policy and are consistent, supportable and facilitate auditable reporting.
- Liaising with Group auditors for half yearly review and year-end audit.
Qualifications and experience
- Fully qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA.
- Demonstrable experience in growing a business including development of business opportunities from concept to fully commercialised including new business/opportunity modelling, planning and execution
- Experience of foreign trade and setting up and managing finance functions in a global business
- Experience of transitioning financial structures, e.g. from company to divisional would be an advantage
- Experience in a public company environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing high-performing teams
- Strong IT skills including working knowledge of integrated systems; Excel to Intermediate level.
- SAP experience is desirable but not an absolute necessity.
- Organised with strong focus on detail but with an ability to identify priorities.
- Ability to mentor and coach less qualified finance staff.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate with and influence people of all levels of seniority and in a variety of functions to achieve continuous improvements in process and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly and patiently.
- Deadline focused and results orientated.
- The ability to pay attention to detail while maintaining a sense of the bigger picture.
- Open attitude.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required – the role will include regular travel
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Rob Squirrell: email@example.com before 31st July 2018